Two people were killed and five wounded in a Halloween attack in Quebec City by a sword-wielding suspect dressed in medieval clothing, Canadian police said early Sunday.
The attacks occurred in the historic Old Quebec neighborhood of the city.
The suspect, “a man in his mid-20s,” was armed with a sword and dressed in “medieval clothing,” Quebec City police spokesman Etienne Doyon said during a press briefing.
The man, who was not identified, was arrested shortly before 1:00 am and had been “transported to the hospital for evaluation,” he said.
Police have not given a motive for the attacks.