Business Development Officer
The employment Company:
We are currently receiving applications for the role of Business Development Officer. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for identifying opportunities, nurturing client relationships, and driving revenue growth. He/she will be responsible for researching marketing trends, identifying potential clients, creating various strategies to grow the client database and expanding business offerings to increase revenue for the organisation.
As Business Development Officer of an HR Consulting and Training firm, he/she will lead efforts in expanding clientele for training programmes for both customised in-house training and open training programmes.
- Conduct market research to identify industry trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning.
- Identify and target potential clients for customised in-house training programmes through cold calling, networking, and market research.
- Understand clients’ goals and challenges to offer tailored solutions.
- Build and nurture strong client relationships, acting as the primary point of contact.
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospective clients, tracking leads, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the team to create marketing campaigns and promotional materials and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations and proposals.
- Analyse data to develop insights and strategies for business growth.
- Negotiate and close deals with clients and liaise with third-party marketing agencies to drive business growth.
- Regularly update CRM systems and maintain accurate records of client interactions, sales and contracts.
- Co-create, manage and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns leveraging SEO, social, inbound marketing, email, mail/print campaigns and events to drive customer acquisition.
- Provide input on the design and production of promotional materials, such as websites and brochures, email marketing etc.
- Propose a rich content/editorial calendar (based on research) that attracts a qualified audience including blog posts, ebooks, infographics, etc.
- Analyse events calendar including webinars, e-learning, training, workshops and conferences to ensure that it attracts a qualified audience.
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and report findings.
- Provide regular reports on business development activities and progress.
- Work with the team to create monthly reports containing a robust description of monthly activity, suitable advice and recommendations and a clear summary of performance against the key performance indicators and metrics.
- Monitor ecosystem and online communities and ensure feedback mechanisms are in place and maximised.
- Analyse the marketing budget, ensuring the budget spend is delivering a return on investment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Business Development, Business Growth or B2B Marketing role.
- BA in Management, Marketing or any equivalent experience.
- Experience activating social media and paid marketing channels.
- Strong understanding of market dynamics.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Background working with and/or managing outsourced marketing and design teams or agencies.
- Cross-functional skills to collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product teams.
- Experience working at startups or high-growth businesses
- Tech and data-savvy with the ability to jump into Google Analytics, WordPress, Airtable, or even Excel and tell a story with sound data.