Etched on

Police who shot drill rapper Chris Kaba charged with murder

1 minute, 42 seconds Read
Tell a friend about this post


A Metropolitan Police officer who killed drill rapper Chris Kaba in London last year has been charged with murder, a reliable news source has said.

The unnamed officer is coded NX121. He appeared before Westminster Magistrates Court a few days ago after The Crown Prosecution Service announced the charge.

The rapper, 24-year-old Chris Kaba, also known as Mad Itch from London drill group 67, was shot dead by NX121 at around 10:PM on September 5, 2022, in South London’s Streatham Hill. He was pronounced dead in the early hours the following day.

According to sources, Kaba was driving in a dark Audi car on the night he was shot, and was followed by two police officers down the residential street Kirkstall Gardens before being boxed in. One round was then fired from a police weapon.

The watchdog found that police had tried to stop him after the activation of an automatic number plate recognition camera (ANPR), believing that the car he was driving was linked to a firearms incident days before. However, a follow-up inquest revealed that Kaba was not a suspect.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct made the following statement:

“Following a thorough review of the evidence provided by the IOPC, the CPS has authorized a charge of murder against a Metropolitan police officer following the death of Chris Kaba,” said Rosemary Ainslie, the head of the CPS special crime division.

“The CPS reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against the officer are active and that he has the right to a fair trial.”

READ ALSO  Anambra man Nwadiagha rapes woman - 75

The family of Chris Kaba spoke about the late rapper in a statement following NX121’s murder charge. “Chris was so very loved by our family and all his friends.

“He had a bright future ahead of him, but his life was cut short. Our family and our wider community must see justice for Chris. We welcome this charging decision, which could not have come too soon. Now we await the trial of the firearms officer without delay and hope and pray that justice will be served.”


Tell a friend about this post

Similar Posts